September 23, 2020 (Steven O’Reilly) –[Updated 4/5/2022] Roma Locuta Est has published a series of articles related to the 2013 conclave and the election of Pope Francis. Given the number of articles, and the variety of issues covered, I thought it might be helpful to the interested reader to provide an central index of these articles.
The articles included in these “chronicles” fall into two broad categories:
I. The first set of articles are related to questions involving McCarrick’s involvement in pre-conclave discussions on behalf of Cardinal Bergoglio, the so-called “influential Italian gentleman,” campaigning by laymen and prelates on behalf of Bergoglio, and potential violations of the conclave rules (e.g., see #3 in this category).
II. The second set of articles relate to an interesting question involving certain Jesuit vows and the 2013 conclave. The fundamental question originated and was brought to my attention from within the Jesuits following the election of Pope Francis. I found the question an interesting one. The more I researched it….the more curious the results became.
Some may note I do not discuss the question “Is Benedict still pope” below. Regarding the question “Is Benedict still pope?”; I answer that question in the negative.* I have a separate index of articles explaining why I firmly reject the arguments which claim Benedict is still pope after February 28, 2013 due to either faulty intent, problems with the wording of his resignation, etc. The updated index of all articles related to the Benedict question may be found here: Summa Contra the BiP Theory (Why Benedict XVI is NOT the pope).
As to articles included in these “conclave chronicles”, as time progresses, I may write more on these or other related topics. If so, I will add to the index of linked articles below. So please check back from time to time for additional updates, and or to use this as a resource.
The Conclave Chronicles
I. McCarrick and the Influential Italian Gentleman and other potential violations of conclave rules:
- Of McCarrick and Past and Future Conclaves (September 13, 2018)
- The “Influential Italian Gentleman” (June 25, 2019)
- Questions Regarding the “Influential Italian Gentleman” (June 28, 2019)
- 2013 Conclave: Was there a violation of Universi Dominici Gregis 12? (July 31, 2019)
- The 7th Anniversary of McCarrick’s “Influential Italian Gentleman” (March 5, 2020)
- The Influential Italian Gentleman: McCarrick “touted the praises” of Bergoglio Prior to the Conclave (June 30, 2020)
- The “Influential Italian Gentleman”: A Sant’Egidio Connection? (July 15, 2020)
- McCarrick on Bergoglio’s Election: “We did it!” (July 15, 2020)
- The “we” in “We did it!” — and what they did (August 16, 2020)
- Six Degrees of the “Influential Italian Gentleman” (September 23, 2020)
- Glaring Omission in McCarrick Report: What about the “Influential Italian Gentleman?” (November 10, 2020)
- Why did McCarrick visit the Obama/Biden White House in July 2013? (December 24, 2020)
- On the 8th Anniversary of McCarrick’s “Influential Italian Gentleman” (March 2, 2021)
- More on McCarrick and his Connections to the Obama/Biden White House (March 5, 2021)
- On the 8th Anniversary of the Election of Cardinal Bergoglio (March 13, 2021)
- The Forgotten ‘October Surprise’ of the 2013 Conclave (April 15, 2021)
- The Forgotten ‘October Surprise’ (Part II): Cui Bono? (April 21, 2021)
- Mr. Winters, a papal conclave, Ted McCarrick…and the Holy Spirit? (September 10, 2021)
- Benedict’s Resignation: A Theory of the Case (Part 1 of 2) (October 24, 2021)
- Benedict’s Resignation: A Theory of the Case (Part 2 of 2) (October 24, 2021)
- Unsolved Mysteries of the 2013 Conclave (my article appearing in LifeSiteNews) (October 26, 2021)
- Benedict’s Resignation, Canon 188, and Fraud (December 24, 2021)
- 9th Anniversary of Bergoglio’s Arrival in Rome (February 26, 2022)
II. A discussion of Jesuit vows and the 2013 conclave:
- Curiouser and Curiouser: Who Dispensed Jorge Bergoglio SJ from his vows? (July 31, 2018)
- A Discussion of Cardinal Bergoglio’s Jesuit Vows and the 2013 Conclave (September 17, 2019)
- The 7th Anniversary of the Election of Cardinal Bergoglio (March 13, 2020)
- Vigano: A Jesuit on the Throne of Peter “in violation of the rule established by St. Ignatius of Loyola” (September 15, 2021)
- Vigano: A Jesuit on the Throne of Peter “in violation of the rule established by St. Ignatius of Loyola” – Addendum (October 3, 2021)
Steven O’Reilly is a graduate of the University of Dallas and the Georgia Institute of Technology. A former intelligence officer, he and his wife, Margaret, live near Atlanta with their family. He has written apologetic articles and is author of Book I of the Pia Fidelis trilogy, The Two Kingdoms. (Follow on twitter at @fidelispia for updates). He asks for your prayers for his intentions. He can be contacted at StevenOReilly@AOL.com or StevenOReilly@ProtonMail.com (or follow on Twitter: @S_OReilly_USA or on Parler: @StevenOReilly).
* The one possible exception to this statement, seemingly suggested by Cardinal Burke, is discussed in the McCarrick related articles above. See article #8 (The “we” in “We did it!” — and what they did (August 16, 2020)). This exception noted, all other scenarios claiming Benedict is still pope fail. These are discussed in the Summa Contra the BiP Theory (Why Benedict XVI is NOT the pope).